Friday, January 20, 2012

Dreaming of mousse


My Maybelline dream collection 
(From left to right liquid mousse, matte powder, nude air-foam and smooth mousse)


I love the Maybelline dream mousse collection and it is one of the collections I could never find a great review on, so I hope this one helps! :)




Dream Liquid Mousse
  • For a great every day coverage.
  • Has great coverage and applies evenly with a really soft sponge/ foundation brush or with just your fingers (for if you are in a hurry)
  • The line has about 8+ colors, and the lightest matches me without having to use powder under my jaw line, meaning no make up/ dark lines!
  • Personally I love to use this foundation if I am in a hurry and I do not have time to put on makeup, I just grab this, sunscreen and moisturizer, so I can apply it fast and yet have even, flawless skin.
  • When using the mousse it should only take 2 drops, as a little goes a long way!
  •  I do find that if my skin is a bit dry this foundation does cling to the flakes and dry patches; so I usually mix 2 drops of foundation with my favorite daily moisturizer.
  • The best part about this product is it last all day, never dries out or changes color.

Dream Matte Powder
  • For a Matte finish
  • One of my favorites. (as you can tell from the heavy use)
  • Apply with a sponge or powder brush (I didn't really care for the applicator if came with) 
  • Has the best all over coverage and spot coverage, if you have any blemishes or dark under eyes this stuff works like camouflage!  (just dap a sponge into the powder and pat it on to the blemish or under eyes, after having applied an over all foundation) 
  • The powder works great as a setting powder but remember the finish is matte.
  • Reapplying goes on smooth, not clumpy or patchy.
  • If your skin is dry it will play up every dry patch, so make sure your skin is smooth and moisturized.
  •  I recommend not wearing it alone but over foundation.


    Dream Nude Air Foam

  •  For an air brush finish.
  • Is foam base, apply with fingers or possibly with a soft sponge.  
  • Does not have a heavy coverage, very light weight.
  • I was not absolutely crazy about the texture or coverage of this foundation. 
  • Color of product does run a bit darker. (Beware of dark lines)
  • Works best on smooth skin, I do not recommend using the foam on blemish/oil prone skin.  
  • A bit of a drying affect after wearing this foundation all day, so make sure to use moisturizing primer before applying.



    Dream Smooth Mousse

    • For a creaming yet heavier coverage. 
    • Great for a night out or for performance makeup use.
    • Very moisturizing, use with just a primer. 
    • Apply with a soft sponge. (One in photo is Jane Iredale, my favorite makeup sponge)
    • Great even coverage!
    • Best on dry or combo skin types. 
    • A bit darker shade but when applied evenly and well blended, dark lines may not be a concern.
    • Works wonders with the dream matte powder. 
    • Can be applied over and over again without becoming caked. 
    • I recommend using with a setting powder once applied. (or with matte powder) 
    • At times it can become oily after wearing it for a long period of time. (So have powder handy)
    • I only use this foundation if I am going out that night, as a touch up or for a stage performance.

    I hope everyone enjoyed my first review; I had so much fun writing it and I can not wait to show everyone what else I have in store!

    If you have a question on any of the products listed, just leave a comment and I will be sure and get back to you! :)

    XoX,
    H

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Share the love.