Monday, May 21, 2012

Independent!


Buon Giorno!(Good Morning!) 


Being single.
As most of you know by now, I moved from Houston, Texas to Los Angeles, California just over a month ago. I did not know anyone here, I still do not know many people except from school but so far I haven't made a real connection with anyone there on a friendship or relationship level. So it is just me and it is not like I am complaining; I grew up an only child.(call me spoiled if you must) I do not have a roommate or a pet, it is truly just me. Now being single in LA is not fun, but hey what can I do about that. I know there are tons of single girls just like me, so ladies lets get out there! 

A table for one.
Truth is not many girls want to eat alone at restaurant but I don't mind it to be honest. I rather enjoy a meal alone than be surrounded by people I don't really care for. Do not let loneliness get the best of you, I mean really how can you enjoy a meal with people you can not stand but you eat with them anyways so you don't have to be alone, that is just seems worst than having a "Me-Date." I have seen many single women go into a dinning place and get their orders to-go, eating at home is really no better; and because so many singles do get their orders to go I am pushed by servers to get my order to-go! People look at me like I am CRAZY when I say "for here" or "a table for one"..."it is just me". I know single women do not like seeing other single women, it is all game...a game I do not play but I do know all of the rules. Confidence, independence and a smile is all a you really need to make it as a young, single and fabulous woman!

Doing things on your own, helps you learn about someone...that certain somebody we all need to meet. Ourselves. 
It is scary, when you find out something surprising or different that you do. When you learn more about who you really are and truly love that person; then you will be able to show all sides of yourself with out any holding back when you meet that certain Prince Charming. He is out there, but it takes fate and a whole lot a happy times before he comes knocking at your door! 


Making friends, is easy but making true friends is not. 
We all need a friend, that someone who you can call about the simple things or the hardest task, a shopping buddy who tells it like it is, someone who is as excited as you are about the new superhero flick and that person you know you can count on. I personally have not encountered many people I could call a true friend. It is just as hard as finding mister right, and sometimes but not all the time...mister right started out as the best friend. Remember to gain a friend you have to be a friend!  


Clubbing, drinking, flirting and sky-high heels paired with short hemlines.
Not the best thing to do as a single girl. I know you have heard it before...over and over, but really gals; do not trust just any guy. No matter how cute, shy or funny he is. In today times all things are possible and being a pretty, single female makes us even more tempting. Do not leave your drink anywhere but in your hand or view, also watch how it is made! I have heard horror stories about bartenders doing things they just shouldn't, so watch it girls! 
Flirting with the wrong guy can also be a BIG mistake, flirting can be taken so many ways. So do your best and think about what you say and who you say it to. Dressing up is fun but also can send the wrong message, I do not like to wear too short or revealing of outfits because I want men to see ME not my body. I love heels, but I never wear a pair of 6 inches just to go shopping at the mall. Talk about the wrong impression; and trust me when I talk about the wrong impression, I have made many mistakes of wearing the wrong thing at the right time. The first impression does count when it comes to meeting guys. Believe me. 
  


I plan on making my single post a more regular thing.
Maybe once every one or two weeks.

Have a great week,

and stay pretty!


XOX,
HMM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love.