Monday, May 28, 2012

Oh Happy Day...

It is Memorial Day! 

A day for remembering all the men and women who have died while serving our country. 
We spend the day thankful of the services they have severed or saddened by the passing of a loved one who servered. We have BBQ's, do fireworks and vist the graves of the ones we lost. A peaceful day, that many get off from work or school and begins with the season of Summertime in mind.

My Grandfather was in the Navy, although he did not die while serving; he did die of cancer in 2007. It was my first time to deal with death. A sad subject to think of, but it happens to all of us in the end. Only it is hard to watch someone come to that point in their life. My Grandparents were married for 60 years, he passed only a few days after their 60th anniversary. I wear his 50th anniversary ring on a chain around my neck almost everyday, it symbolizes that love can last till death do us part. I also have a stuffed monkey that I gave to him in the hospital, I dressed the monkey in a sailor outfit after the passing; I was going to bury the stuffed animal with my Grandfather but I was to attached to it being with him on his last days that I just had to keep it as a shoulder to cry on. 

Please take the time out of your day to thank the ones who fight for our country. 
Thank both the ones who have died and those who are still fighting.

I wish I could leave a dozen white roses on my Grandfathers grave tomorrow, but that is most impossible. So I shall keep him in my thoughts and prayers. 

Be safe and enjoy the rest of your long weekend. 


XOX,
HMM   






P.S. Check out the TCM channel, as the network is playing top rated military films from the 1930's-1960's all day long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love.